Privacy & Cookies
So unfortunately this is a boring legal stuff page and not about eating multiple biscuits in a cupboard under the stairs then making sure you clean up the crumbs afterwards so nobody knows, which would make a far more entertaining read.
The long and short of it is;
• There are cookies on our site which we very rarely use but basically the only thing we look at if we’re bored is which pages people are looking at most and where they click. But if you click to an external site then they’ll have cookies too, which we have no control over.
• Your info – We keep this as safely as we can and only use it to answer your immediate enquiry and subsequent communications regarding bookings or products you wish to purchase. We will not pass your information on to third parties knowingly without your written consent.
However, if you are concerned about what your clicking on our website means or how we use your info when you contact us then read on for some scintillating lingo.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. This will include clicking through to for example; social media sites, venue/vendor recommendations, payment via PayPal or gallery links hosted by Zenfolio.
Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected by cookies.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. Information you provide will solely be used to provide you with photography quotes/information as requested, updates about Pixies in the Cellar Ltd and detailed communications regarding your booking or products.
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
• To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
• To meet our contractual commitments to you.
• To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
• If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
• If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
• If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Your information will never be passed on to a third party without further communication and written agreement from yourselves regarding such information transfer.
Storing your personal data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Should you wish to receive such information please contact us using the details below.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Our client galleries are hosted by Zenfolio Inc, placing orders for prints, selecting favourite images etc will involve their website and consequently their privacy & cookies policies. Full details at the end of this page.
Zenfolio is a California corporation operated from within the United States (i.e. non EU). Accordingly, information collected by Zenfolio will be stored in the United States. If you are accessing the Website from outside of the United States, you acknowledge and agree that your information will be received by or transferred to servers located within the United States and processed by Zenfolio and its third party service providers.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
April 2018. Edited & customised by: Pixies in the Cellar Ltd, 78 Wakefield Road, Stalybridge, SK15 1AB.